Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bird Cameras

After I posted about the bird activities this past Monday, I started thinking about the bird videos that I used to check in on now and then. I started searching and I found a few great videos. My favorite website was Birdcam by Xcel Energy. Xcel Energy is a power company that installed these cameras around their plants. They have several different cameras and birds featured, including Bald Eagles, Falcons, Kestrels, Ospreys and Owls. The eagles and owls have already begun nesting for the season and you can see their daily behavior on the videos. The falcons, osprey's and kestrels will not begin nesting until a bit later.

Take a few minutes to relax, sit down with your child and introduce them to birding. It is not going to be a regular daily event to see these birds up close and personal, like you can in these videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment