Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Meanderings - Original Ideas

I wanted something new and fresh this week and had a harder time than I imagined trying to find it. Many of the things I had seen were just a revision of older ideas. I have found somethings that I think are original thought.

First up is Food Face Plates.


I found this idea on At Second Street and immediately fell in love with it. It reminds me of the little faces we used to get as kids that were bald and you used the magnetic pen through the plastic cover to move the metal chips around and give the guy hair. Do they even make those anymore?

A Math Game




Next up is a great math game that was put together with some inexpensive materials from the Dollar Store. Not only is it original and educational but it is inexpensive also. You can find this activity at No Tome For Flashcards and I am confident you can put together one easily for your kids.

Soy Crayons



I love this idea, not only are the crayons child safe but these are the perfect shape for the youngest kids. You do not have to make eggs but you could make any shape that your kids desire. This idea comes from Wee Folk Art, which is a great blog with lots of amazing and creative ideas.

I hope you will take some time and check out these links. There are tons of great ideas out there, you just have to take a few minutes to look for them. Make it a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment